Monday

Baby Blanket

With pretty much everyone I know having babies I've been making a TON of these lately. Generally I make the same one, it's so cute and so easy that it's been my long time favorite. I'll post about that one next time I make it.

But this time I have a new blanket. This one features 'popcorn hearts' offset by granny squares. I used a green and cream colorway (the green isn't really that dark in real life). Never having attempted popcorns before, because I was a little afraid of them, assuming that they were very difficult, I was a little skeptical about how this blanket would turn out. But, I went for it and much to my surprise, popcorn crochet stitch is unbelievably simple!

Look at how fun they are! (Sorry it's so blurry!)

















I'm sure everyone in the world knew how simple this stitch was, but in case there are some like me who had no clue, I'll give you a super quick rundown.

Working on the wrong side - SC in stitch before the stitch where the popcorn will go. *Working in back loop only, YO pull up loop, pull stitch through 2 loops, YO pull up loop, pull stitch through 2 loops leaving 3 loops on needle. Repeat from * until there are 5 loops on hook, pull stitch through all 5 loops. SC in stitch right after popcorn.

Super easy, super cute!

Here is the finished product! I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost feel like having a baby just to ask for a blanky like this! (almost lol)
Looks incredible!!
I have never attempted a popcorn stitch before! Maybe I could look at incorporating it into a portrait piece!
Oh god now my brain is fizzing with possibility...
Lee xox

Jeni said...

I KNOW WHO THIS WAS FOR

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Post a Comment