Thursday

Prayer Shawl

I was recently asked to make a prayer shawl for a friend. I found this really great, quick pattern for free on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/all-shawl

It includes 4 or so variations on the pattern; this shawl was made using the Long Pattern version and I Love This Cotton yarn.

The only thing that I changed about the pattern was I just used a regular DC stitch instead of the extended version that the pattern called for. It was a bit cumbersome and I found that it looked essentially the same with the regular DC!

Be careful to look at the chart provided for the pattern; the instruction can be confusing if you're not paying close attention!

The lace edging turned out beautifully after blocking. Originally the shawl was cream, however, the requested color was periwinkle. Sooo... I got to dye something for the very first time! I hopped over to JoAnn's and grabbed one of their powered dye packs of "deep purple".

I only used about a teaspoon of powder in 4 gallons of water and the color turned out perfectly!

Here is the finished product...


0 comments:

Post a Comment